Many perspectives on art & creativity from resident artists and students of the Siena Art Institute.
The Siena Art Institute Onlus is a small non-profit arts organization based in the heart of Siena, Italy. We welcome artists from all disciplines who are interested in the intersection of art and civic life, and who wish to explore how the theoretical content of our individual practices can be translated into socially-meaningful projects that produce a deeper understanding of the cultures in which we find ourselves. We organize Project Fellowships, and Residencies for professional artists and writers. We organize public arts programming such as conferences and workshops together with collaborative partners, and offer unique study programs for international Undergraduate and Post-Baccalaureate art & writing students, as well as Intensive Summer & Winter Courses.
We would like to thank our many program participants involved in this montage, including our resident artists, semester students, students of the Brandeis-in-Siena summer program & the artists of our Pratt Institute Partnered Residencies.
Residents featured in the montage include:
- Carlos Estévez, Artist in residence
- Joan Larkin, Writer in residence
- John Kenneth Melvin, Project Fellow
- Matt Murphy, Artist in residence
- Irit Baniel, Visiting Artist
- Susan Cianciolo, Designer, Pratt Institute Partnered Residency
- Nat Meade, Artist, Pratt Institute Partnered Residency
- Douglas Hedwig, Musician in residence
- Magdalena Maślerz, Artist in residence
Student voices & artwork featured in the montage include:
- Lauren Ferrara, https://sienaart.blog/spring-2019-participants/lauren-ferrara/
- Kyriakos Papadopoulos, https://sienaart.blog/fall-2017-students/kyriakos-papadopoulos/
- Alkiviadis Avarkiotis, https://sienaart.blog/fall-2017-students/alkiviadis-avarkiotis/
- Julia Denlinger, https://sienaart.blog/spring-2019-participants/julia-denlinger/
- Anya Shire-Plumb, Brandeis-in-Siena student
- Carolyn Brazil, Brandeis-in-Siena student
- Kyle Slevira, Brandeis-in-Siena student
- Kate Brock, https://sienaart.blog/fall-2018-students/kate-brock/
- Kayoon Anderson, https://sienaart.blog/spring-2019-participants/kayoon-anderson/
- Kenyatta Hendricks, Brandeis-in-Siena student